|
Monday, January 13, 2003
The Good: Ryan is learning to read! Over the holidays he read a book called Away We Go by himself, though I felt he had memorized it to some extent. Then this week he read a Baby's Word Book, which he definitely figured out on his own, but there were clear pictures to help him with most of it. Last night he impressed me the most by reading much of Bear's Shapes (a "Step Into Reading" book) by himself. One one page with 4 lines of a rhyme, he only needed help with one word. I think he did some pages with no errors at all. He's 4 years & not quite 5 months old, so I think that's pretty neat!
The Bad: Ryan and Kyle decided that while I was balancing the checkbook today would be a good time to escape into the living room with crayons (they had been drawing at the kitchen table) and color all over one wall, the front door, the entertainment center, a toy, and the TV screen! They were wrong...it is never a good time to do that! Sigh!
The Bittersweet (but definitely not ugly!!): Our "baby," Kyle, is turning 2 tomorrow! Today may be our last day to have a baby... This stage in his life is very fun for the most part, and I love seeing him grow & learn & develop his personality, but I'll miss cuddling a sweet little baby, too!
posted by Alison at 2:43 PM
|