|
Monday, October 28, 2002
Kyle used the potty! He's just 21 months old. We have never tried to get him to use it--in fact, we have almost discouraged it because it's a lot of trouble & he always wants to sit on it but then doesn't do anything. But he's a rather fastidious child & also wants to do whatever the big people do, so he's been asking to sit on it sometimes from 15 months on! But always just for fun. Well, a few minutes ago he found me in the kitchen & rather urgently said, "Mama, potty! Potty!" So I took him, and he already had a dirty diaper so I guessed he was talking about that. He still wanted to sit there, & he didn't do anything at first, so I went to get him a new diaper, but when I came back he had sat down again & had, um, used it in both ways you can! Wow. I'm not just impressed he did it, I'm really impressed he TOLD me in advance. He seems so young to be aware of that!
posted by Alison at 4:47 PM
|