Life As We Know It

 




Bits and pieces of daily life in our family

Dellenbaugh Central

Current

This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

 
Thursday, October 25, 2001

A couple of nights ago we were out to dinner, and we put some apple juice in a sippy cup for Kyle. I held the cup up to Kyle and said something like, "Drink me! I'm full of yummy juice!" Ryan got an incredulous look, started giggling, and said something like, "Mommy is teaching the cup how to talk!"

Despite Ryan's constant talking and asking questions, he has not yet gone through a "why" phase. We weren't sure if he even understood what "why" meant. Then today as I was driving in the car with the kids, Ryan suddenly got excited and asked, "Why do some buildings have flag signs on them?" I thought it was a very smart question, and well-worded, too! I didn't see the need to try to explain war or terrorist attacks to him, but did tell him that flags were a sign of America and people displayed them to say that they loved America and were proud to live here. I also pointed out some more U.S. flags & even Texas flags, which got him even more excited...he said, "'cause we live in Texas!"

Kyle has been a true bundle of joy lately--he's still volatile and gets upset a lot, but cries much less than he used to (especially in the car, which no longer makes him cry most of the time), and his giggles & grins are so full of love and joy they can be overwhelming! He always seems so excited to see us. He even makes some sort of cute little noise along with his grins when looking at pictures of himself or other members of our family.


 

Go to:
Dellenbaugh Central
Family Photo Album