|
Tuesday, September 04, 2001
Kyle learned to crawl today (Sept. 3)! I still don't think he knows he can do it, since he hasn't done it a lot, but he did crawl at least 5 "steps" on a couple of occasions (mainly to Daddy), without accidentally sitting down until the end!
Ryan got a watch as his kids' meal prize from Sonic last night, and kept talking about his "digital watch" all the way home. He had the following conversation with Mark as we pulled into our driveway.
Mark: Did you know that I probably didn't say the word digital until I was about 10?
Ryan: Yeah.
Mark: You did not know that, I'm just telling you now... I didn't talk about digital watches when I was 3 years old.
Ryan: Yeah, now Daddy knows all his words.
Then today, I heard Ryan saying the word "possibility."
Me: Possibility? Where did you hear that word?
Ryan: In Daddy's mouth.
Ryan now invents "buttons" he can push to turn himself into Olie & Kyle into Zowie, as well as buttons to "fix" things, buttons to do things, buttons to play songs, etc. I guess he has too many electronic toys! He likes to point out battery cases on objects.... Anyway, tonight Mark said he was going to push Ryan's happy button (Mark's invention). Ryan said he was already happy, but asked Daddy to push his "sad button." When Mark complied, Ryan immediately pretended to cry, stopping only when Mark pushed his "happy button" (the top of his head). I said I wished Kyle had a happy button... Ryan said he did, on the top of his head. And to our surprise, when we patted Kyle on top of his head, he did grin and laugh!
Kyle does laugh a lot, but also cries a lot.. Last night Mark asked Ryan if he would like to have another little brother (just for grins--we are definitely not planning anything right now!). Ryan didn't answer. Finally Mark asked if that was a good idea or kind of scary. Ryan said, "Kind of scary. He might cry!" We agreed!
posted by Alison at 12:24 AM
|