Life As We Know It

 




Bits and pieces of daily life in our family

Dellenbaugh Central

Current

This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

 
Wednesday, August 15, 2001

And the "terrible twos" end...terribly, of course! We always read Ryan 3 books at bedtime. Tonight he wouldn't choose his 3 books. We asked him to at least 10 times, but he kept dragging his feet & doing other things. Finally I told him I'd count to 3, and if he didn't pick his books by the time I got to 3, he'd have to go to bed without any. I counted slowly and did the 2, 2-1/2 thing, but he just stood there, testing us, so I had to go to 3. Boy, did he scream!!! He cried through the whole time we prayed, the whole way upstairs and into bed, and was still screeching when Mark left him! We've only done that counting thing about ten times but I don't know that we'd ever actually gotten to 3 before, or maybe once with something trivial. I guess this is a fitting way to end the twos. I just hope the threes are better!

Ryan Phrase of the Day: While outside playing in the wading pool, with Kyle in the Exersaucer nearby, Ryan said, "The ants will spit water on Kyle's head." (The other night Kyle got in the pool with Ryan and Mark, and Ryan immediately poured water on Kyle's head. Kyle barely noticed.)

Another interesting Ryan tidbit from this past week: Ryan came to me in the morning, and started pretending to cough. "I coughing," he said. "Maybe juice would help." Creative way to get juice!


 

Go to:
Dellenbaugh Central
Family Photo Album