Life As We Know It

 




Bits and pieces of daily life in our family

Dellenbaugh Central

Current

This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

 
Thursday, July 05, 2001

When I put Ryan to bed at naptime every day, I say a whole lot of things--I list people who love him, say "sleep tight," "sweet dreams," "here's your Pooh blanket," etc., and sometimes "don't get out of bed"...and I often repeat those things several times, partly because it's tradition and partly so he won't have a chance to protest the nap! So tonight, when Mark put him to bed (as he usually does at night), he just said a few things before starting to walk out, and Ryan said, "Daddy say more words!" So Mark did. ;-)

Also before bed tonight, Ryan "read" a whole short book called Freight Train from memory, even though we've only had it checked out of the library for a few days. He has an amazing memory! (And when we got to the page about the "yellow hopper car," he said, "Bunnies ride in there." Makes sense!) He also adores books, and letters in general. Lately he wants us to name everything for him, also. A favorite phrase is, "What's I touching?" while pointing to something in real life or in a book.

Ryan Phrase of the Day: My foot turned my eye off.


 

Go to:
Dellenbaugh Central
Family Photo Album