Life As We Know It

 




Bits and pieces of daily life in our family

Dellenbaugh Central

Current

This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

 
Saturday, July 21, 2001

Ryan is trying his hand at comedy today! This morning he purposely matched a card showing the top of Tigger with a card showing the bottom of Kanga, trying to be funny. This evening, he joked that when Daddy brought our food home from McDonald's, we would eat a "real clown"! (Then laughed, and said no, it was really a clown cookie--they put Ronald McDonald cookies in the Happy Meals.) While eating, he was putting too much in his mouth and I told him I didn't want him to get sick. He started pretending to cough, half-closed his eyes and said, "I sick!" I mentioned that sick boys didn't get to play in the backyard kiddie pool, which he planned to do after dinner, and he soon agreed that he was well! We also had this conversation:

Ryan: Where's my pool? (Note that he often asks questions he already knows the answers to....)
Mommy: Outside.
Ryan: Where's my park? ("Park" is what he calls his backyard climbing toy.)
Mommy: Outside.
Ryan: Where's my tree?
Mommy: (trying to be silly) Inside the house!
Ryan: (after a pause...) No, I don't have a tree!

I felt bad about stepping on his punch line, but he managed to recover anyway. ;-)


 

Go to:
Dellenbaugh Central
Family Photo Album