Life As We Know It

 




Bits and pieces of daily life in our family

Dellenbaugh Central

Current

This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

 
Thursday, July 05, 2001

Kyle is 5.5 months old and is rolling and scooting now--a while ago I found him several feet from where I had set him down. He's also getting pretty good at sitting. He did great watching the fireworks last night--the noise didn't seem to bother him at all. He doesn't do so great with solid food.

Ryan will be 3 in six weeks. He's very much into make believe right now--here he is as "King Bigwig" from one of his books, complete with crown, wig, robe, and scepter. But of course, he has to make up the rules of make-believe. If you try to pretend something he doesn't like (or do/say anything he doesn't like at any time), he'll say "That's not right!" or a rather frustrated "That would be silly!" or his new favorite: "That is not a good thing!" He had a great day with potty training yesterday--he only had to have his pull-up changed once. Today, it's a different story--he was on #5 by naptime!

Ryan's reasoning powers are growing stronger all the time. This morning he started whining and pretending to cry. "I crying for juice," he said. I told him he couldn't get juice by crying. "Only milk!" he said, obviously referring to how Kyle gets his food of choice! I tried to explain that Kyle is a baby and has no other way to tell me what he wants...


 

Go to:
Dellenbaugh Central
Family Photo Album