Life As We Know It

 




Bits and pieces of daily life in our family

Dellenbaugh Central

Current

This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

 
Monday, December 16, 2002

Ryan's quote of the day for yesterday: "I'm 4 years old and I still don't have a cape!"

Actually, he did have a cape on some Superman pajamas he wore over the summer, but I guess he's forgotten that! Later, with a shirt wrapped around him like a cape, he asked me, "Where do we live? Where do Supermans live?" I told him about Metropolis, and he asked where that was. I told him it was made-up...that it's just a story. He said, "But where do REAL Supermans live?" He was quite distraught to find out there aren't any, though I don't think he quite believes me about that yet! ;-) This was his first time to be a Superman, though. He's usually a builder, artist, inventor, doctor, or troll!

Today, though, he's a daddy. He told me today that he was 34, like his daddy. I said, "Well, if you're that old...what did you do for your 10th birthday?" He told me he had a party at a "box museum" where they have lots of boxes for everyone to play in, and he had a shark cake. He has an answer for everything!

Kyle, meanwhile, claims everything as his own. His big word right now is MY, and whatever you say, he repeats it & says it is his, or that he wants to do it, as in "MY do it!" Even when I said I was dizzy the other day, he said "MY dizzy!" or when Ryan says he has to go potty, Kyle will say "MY potty!" He's very adamant about it, too, almost indignant. And he even does it when it's something he doesn't want, like "MY nap!" :-) He's even claimed our emotions, like "MY sad!" or "MY cry!" This morning, he really took the cake when I sneezed loudly and he responded with "MY achoo!"

It's getting clear he's closing in on 2 years old. The other night Ryan climbed to the top of his toybox/bookshelf & we made him get down, and then Kyle started climbing right up where Ryan did, and when we told him to stop climbing, he protested, "Ry-Ry did!" We were impressed with both his grammar and his logic! But we expect we'll be hearing a lot more of that! And we already have heard it some more. Sigh. Now we'll have to start saying, "If Ryan jumped off a cliff, would you?" And he would!!


 

Go to:
Dellenbaugh Central
Family Photo Album