|
Tuesday, September 04, 2001
Kyle has started waving! It is so incredibly cute. We thought he had tried it a day or two ago, but this morning he definitely tried to wave in response to our waving "hi" to him, and did it several times. I also found him studying his hand as he waved more on his own, very cute! It also looked like he tried to mimic a hand sign we were doing for our ceiling fan. I am more excited about these things than the crawling, because he is trying to communicate!
Ryan has just started making up his own songs. This morning he was singing about how he needed to go to the potty, and Mark tried to join in. Ryan got a bit upset because Mark was singing it wrong. Then when I told Ryan he'd better go on to the potty now, he said, "I can't 'cause Daddy said no to my song!" Um, not exactly! Later when Mark told him to put on his shorts, which Ryan had taken into the kitchen and abandoned there, Ryan said, "I'm going to sing a song about I don't have some in the kitchen."
Luckily, he does seem to be potty trained now, and is initiating most of his own trips to the potty the past few days. He also insists on dressing himself to the point that he can, and doing other things for himself. Last night we gave him a new stool that is tall enough for him to reach the bathroom sink. This morning, he ran into the kitchen and said, "I'm going to ask Daddy a question." When Mark responded, he said, "Oh, what is the question?" Ryan said: "DADDY HELP ME TURN THE SINK OFF!"
posted by Alison at 10:03 AM
|