Life As We Know It

 




Bits and pieces of daily life in our family

Dellenbaugh Central

Current

This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

 
Friday, July 20, 2001

What a day, what a day! Ryan started the morning with 10 loud fits over nothing that made any sense (for instance, he apparently thought Mark opened the bedroom door wrong?). Kyle started the morning by wetting my bed while I was changing his diaper on it. Then we found out the Saturn needs a new engine! It's already got 100K+ miles on it so it hardly seems worth it, but we can't afford to replace the car right now.... Then Mark had to show up in court for possible jury duty! (Leaving me with no car again, of course.)

At lunchtime, Ryan ate spread applesauce all over his macaroni when I wasn't looking, then ate almost nothing but applesauce. He goes through phases where he eats well and then phases where he eats nearly nothing. He recently ate pretty well for 2 or 3 weeks, one of his longest good eating phases in recent memory, but he's eaten nearly nothing for about 5 days. (At least applesauce on the macaroni wasn't as bad as the day he put chocolate pudding on his foot....)

Then Kyle was very cranky, then finally fell asleep nursing, but before I could move him to his bed, Ryan put a shirt over his head so he couldn't see, & banged his head on the couch (on purpose), which happened to have a remote control on it, so he hit his head on that & started screaming, which woke Kyle up... Later Kyle was sitting on the floor playing and Ryan pushed him down towards the floor and tried to climb on top of him, causing more screaming... so I took Ryan up to his room early for naptime (and a bit of a lecture)--but he didn't have a sheet on his bed since it was in the wash. So I left him there, went & put Kyle in his crib where he screamed until I could go back & nurse him some more. Finally I got Kyle to sleep, found a sheet for Ryan, put Ryan to bed, and now both kids are asleep...but I have a terrible headache!


 

Go to:
Dellenbaugh Central
Family Photo Album