Life As We Know It

 




Bits and pieces of daily life in our family

Dellenbaugh Central

Current

This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

 
Friday, July 20, 2001

No way!!! It sounds like there may be birds in our chimney again! Just a few weeks ago, a bird flew out of our fireplace and into our living room, getting soot everywhere and scaring me half to death! It was actually the third bird to be in there in a year's time, though the other 2 hadn't come out on their own...Mark had to lure them out. This one managed to open the flue! Luckily, I was able to open a window and shoo it out of the house, but after that we paid $70 to have a chimney sweep come out and install a new metal grate around the top of the chimney. He said that any bird that could get through that would be a bird we'd be scared to meet! And I just heard pecking and high-pitched chirping from in there! Sounded like baby birds... I sure hope that bird didn't leave a nest in there or something. I hope the sound was from outside. In any case, I put a baby gate in front of the fireplace for the time being!


 

Go to:
Dellenbaugh Central
Family Photo Album